Licensed Clinician – Job Description
Summary: Empathetic Connections is a private practice that offers outpatient psychotherapy in Maryland. We offer individual psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and young adults with a range of presenting issues including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, life changes, and trauma. Current areas of specialization include existential and relationship issues, chronic anxiety or depression, and impulse control disorders. Core modalities of our clinicians include cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based therapies, and motivational interviewing. We are looking for an individual with exceptional skill, deep inspiration in their work, and a commitment to ongoing self-growth to join our team! The position is a contract position, so you will set your own hours and be responsible for providing support to a minimum of 10 clients a week.
Duties and Responsibilities Weekly duties include:
– Approx. 10 individual therapy sessions/week
– Maintain case files through SimplePractice EHR
– In addition to the above weekly duties, ensure timely documentation of therapy sessions, conducting intake and consultation phone calls.
– Must be licensed to practice psychotherapy in the state of Maryland (LGPC, LCPC, LGSW, LCSW, LCSW-C, LMFT)
– Must maintain active licensure in good standing.
Skillset & Qualities:
– Strong commitment to and experience with cultural humility and honoring intersectional identities in psychotherapy.
– Excellent emotional intelligence, social awareness, and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to quickly establish rapport with new clients.
– Independent and self-motivated yet open to constructive feedback.
– Experience in behavioral psychotherapeutic modalities and techniques as well as a foundation of mindfulness or depth-oriented therapeutic approaches.
– Fluency with computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, etc.) and willingness to learn new software.
– Must have a personal computer capable of operating SimplePractice EHR and Gmail Suite.
Interested candidates should email cover letters and resumes to [email protected]